Friends of the South Hadley Dog Park, Inc.
Monday, September 28, 2020
South Hadley Dog Park – Mulligan Drive
Present: Bruce Bartlett, Jen Cullen, Diane Dietzen, Ashley Graves, Robyn Graves, Kathleen Harwood, Brenda Mathieu, Janet Shea, Jeff Squire, and Eleanor Small.
- Approval of meeting minutes – August 24, 2020
Motion: Robyn Graves
Seconded: Janet Shea
- Treasurer’s Report – Janet Shea
As of meeting date, the balance in the Friends’ account is $15,653.
- The Fundraising subcommittee requests the purchase of four (4) green park benches made of recycled plastic to be placed in the dog park – two (2) in the small dog area and two (2) in the all dog area. Three of the benches have committed sponsors, and the subcommittee will fundraise for a sponsor for the fourth. The benches will be purchased from National Outdoor Furniture, Inc. for a total cost of $2,042 ($1,612 plus $430 in shipping).Delivery will be directly to the dog park on Mulligan Drive in approximately four weeks.
Motion: Robyn Graves
Seconded: Dianne Dietzen
- Volunteer Day
A volunteer day for projects at the park has been scheduled for Saturday, October 17 beginning at 10:00 a.m.
Action: Jeff Squire will send a separate email to the Friends with more detail regarding work to be done.
- “Soft Opening” of South Hadley Dog Park
The official opening of the dog park will be Saturday, October 10, 2020. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, there will be signs posted in the park detailing the rules of the park to be followed during this time. General rules for the dog park are currently posted.
Action: Jen Cullen will coordinate with Andy Rogers confirming the opening date and the COVID-19 rules to be followed as well as permitted advertising for the opening date.
- Final Inspection Update – Jeff Squire
Jeff provided a final inspection update for construction. All required work has been completed and terms of the agreement met. He has signed off on construction.
Action: Jeff Squire will review the closing of all documents with Mike Sullivan/Andy Rogers to confirm completion. As well, he will request from the contractor the removal of all construction related fencing and materials.
- Fundraising Update – Jen Cullen
The subcommittee has begun meeting for its next phase of fundraising, Once the dog park officially opens, the focus will be on smaller dollar contributions through specific fundraising activities (for example – purchase of dog tags with the dog’s name by owners to be displayed on the fence surrounding the park.)
Meeting adjourned at 7:05 p.m.